Tuesday, August 19, 2008

(There's a) Stranger in the House...

...and it's me. Or maybe I just feel like I'm in a strange house. Because my girls are gone, all out in the country, rolling around in tall grass and eating ice cream and playing Uno without me. Sigh.

Of course, I'm enjoying being all alone. After work today, I went swimming by myself and reveled in the feel of the hot sun on my skin and took deep breaths of my own independence and loved being the captain of my own scooter and remembered completely how it was to be a man without a family all those years ago. Right now I'm back home again, with Black Sabbath kranked up really high, and I might listen to evil music really loud all night while I....well, it would be nice to say I'm going to imbibe all sorts of psychotropic substances while wearing sunglasses and bouncing a prostitute on either knee. Most likely though, I'll just sort all my photographs of my, uhm, family. That's what I really want to do with my he-man independent night off.

I guess that's pretty strange. But hey, that's where I'm at these days.

No comments: