Friday, June 1, 2007

Monster Music



I once interviewed Brian Johnson, the singer for AC/DC, and he told me, "I'm fifty years old, and I still really, really love music. I think there's something wrong with me."

I can relate. I still get teenage-boy obsessed with new music whenever I discover it. Lately it's Godzilla movie soundtrack music. It's so goofy. And there's so much of it. Shag-a-delic sixties dance themes that sound like a Japanese makeover of the Batman tv show theme. Completely looney orchestral passages announcing the big lizard's appearance at frame left. Lanquid fifties-style exotica and whimsical marching melodies. Frantic Ventures impersonations with saccharine vocals.

I think there's something wrong with me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you're perfect. Don't ever chnage!