Thursday, August 27, 2009

a few choice quotes

I am the Decider.
George W. Bush

There is no such thing as society. There are only individual men and women and families.
Margaret Thatcher

If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.
Oscar Wilde

Be kind, be kind, be kind.
Henry James

I have seen war. I have seen war on land and sea. I have seen blood running from the wounded. I have seen men coughing out their gassed lungs. I have seen the dead in the mud. I have seen cities destroyed. I have seen 200 limping, exhausted men come out of line—the survivors of a regiment of 1,000 that went forward 48 hours before. I have seen children starving. I have seen the agony of mothers and wives. I hate war.
Franklin Delano Roosevelt

The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.
William Shakespeare

I know I ain’t doing much/But doing nothing means a lot to me.
Bon Scott

If your pictures are no good, get closer.
Robert Capa

One way to take a good picture is to get yourself into a good place, then wait.
Ellen Wallenstein

When you live with someone, you learn a lot about yourself.
Don Blashill

I know you love me, and I love you, but I love you in a different way.
A former girlfriend

That relationship was like Vietnam: I got my ass kicked, and I shouldn’t have been there in the first place.
Henry Rollins

If there is a subtext, you can bet I haven’t read it.
Ricou Browning

Do not be tempted by a twenty-dollar word when there is a ten-center handy, ready and able….
Strunk and White

1 comment:

Ellen Wallenstein said...

interesting to see myself quoted here.
after robert capa, no less.
when did i say this? (many moons ago.)
it's still true.

get in touch?

ellen@ellenwallenstein.com